8.13.2012

Snuggling comes first

 I'm a fan of snuggling. Yes, there are times I want to put Peyton in a crib and accomplish things. Yes, I know routine is good for him. He loves it. But he also loves laying in our arms in the quiet. He loves staring into my eyes as I sing to him, or Drew and I pray with him. I love the fact he makes content sighs when he touches Drew's face with one hand and mine with the other. I love that when he cries at night, sometimes giving him his paci isn't enough and he needs me to console him. Sure it gets old and I get exhausted some nights, but I love it. I love that right now, Drew and I can protect him from this messed up world we live in. We can teach him about Jesus and he can rest in His arms. I go back and forth about letting him 'cry it out' because I know getting full nights of sleep consistently would be wonderful. I choose not to yet because I love snuggling him too much. I love comforting him when he cries. I'm trying to be grateful the nights he sleeps all the way through, and rejoice that I get to snuggle my little boy one more time whenever he wakes me up at 12, or 3 or 4 or 5.... ;) I know I'm going to miss this one day, so for now,

snuggling comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment