9.14.2012

Day 13 - I have a problem.

Hi. My name is Kari and I have a problem. I knew I had a probably before this month... but it's staring in my face now. Although, I like my problem - which is another problem.

I think about chocolate all the time. I am one of those people, that before I have started eating my meal (yes, breakfast included) my mind has already wandered to what sweet thing is in my kitchen that I can consume right afterwards. I even have a conversation in my head about needing to wait a while before having dessert because really, it's a little ridiculous. That conversation is won out by my sweet tooth.

Needless to say this month is a challenge. Because right now in my kitchen there are :

2 cans of icing and a chocolate cake
two containers of frozen cookie dough - both chocolate and chocolate chip

and ingredients for more yummy goodness - some of which could be consumed by themselves.

I've stayed mostly strong. (Confession - we went to Mayberry with my sister and I might have consumed ice cream from Opie's candystore. Don't judge... I regretted getting the mediocre chocolate ice cream over getting Coldstone. Cause seriously my sister has Coldstone!) I am blessed to not have headaches from the withdraw like my wonderful hubby... He loves sodas and there are approximately

this many sodas in our house right now. He's standing mostly strong too. (He chose a Dr. Pepper over ice cream) But says this is dumb at least once a day.

I found ways around getting sweets now and then while having the gestational diabetes. There is no getting around a fast though... I've tried, trust me.

I was praying after lunch today that God would be my Sustainer. That I would be grateful for the leftover roast and potatoes that I ate and not dwell on the junk that I want to eat.

Me and Jesus? We're getting pretty tight this month... He is all I need.

but I sure want some chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. I heart you. A-LOT. :)Thanks for making me smile. ... and for reminding me there's icing in my fridge.. .. ... ;)

    ReplyDelete