7.03.2013

My Calling

"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. " (Ephesians 4:1-3)

I believe that I have 3 main callings in life right now.

Number one is to be a godly wife to my husband. Drew is a man who works hard in his 'job' to not only provide for us, but to reach the teens in Mount Airy. My calling is to support him, love him, and help him however I can.

Number two is to a mama that my Peyton (and soon to be Sadie) will see Jesus through. They are small children and I must protect and guide them to see Jesus' love as all they need in life. They will be around all sorts of people in life. I want them to know that not only are they (Peyton and Sadie) loved, but those around them are just as loved by our Jesus.

Number three is a youth leader. I have the privilege of spending time with amazing middle and high-schoolers and hopefully helping them to understand Jesus and how amazing He is, a little better.

My question to myself today is am I walking worthy of these callings? Am I striving to be humble, gentle, loving and patient with Drew, Peyton, Sadie, and the teens, so that they don't see me, but instead see our Savior. Honestly many days I am not. I'm impatient and short, and selfish, but am thankfully today is a new day and Jesus has wiped my slate clean!

1 comment:

  1. A woman who really gets the Christian life. I promise to be a part of your children knowing the love Jesus has for the world. I love you Kari Farmer Hunsley!

    ReplyDelete