6.28.2010

God is Holy, don't forget!

Drew reminded our congregation yesterday morning of something that unfortunately is something I forget way to frequently. He said that we often think of God as a personal God. One that we can talk to and be comforted by. One that knows us intimately and desires for us to know Him. I am SOOOOO glad that is the case. BUUUTTT He is also the Holy God that was not able to be looked upon in the Old Testament. He was the one that you had to let a priest talk to for you. He was a pillar of cloud, a burning bush, the creator of this world! I am so glad that we have Jesus and the Holy Spirit, but I don't want to forget that HE is still the God of this universe. This perfect, HOLY, powerful God that we DON'T deserve to talk to, let alone walk beside. I realize that I don't give Him nearly the amount of honor that He is due!

I don't know about you but I struggle getting out of bed in the morning. I have to set my alarm 30 minutes earlier so that I can snooze it so many times. But when I was little and it was Christmas morning, or my birthday, or the day I get to go to camp or vacation I jumped out of bed to get ready. I couldn't fall asleep the night before because I could do is think about who I was going to be with or what I was about to do! I personally get the opportunity to spend time with the God that made this world, the God that parted the red sea and spent a perfect life here on earth, ANYTIME I WANT. I asked myself yesterday why I don't jump out of bed, excited to start my day at His feet. I don't really know that answer other than I need to dig and know Him more so that I can fully understand how worthy He is of my first minutes of my day.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful reminder of my own lack of perspective. Thank you, sweetie, for being willing to be so transparent and share how God is growing you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great reminder! Thank you for this. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete