6.13.2010

Why am I living?

I don't know about you, but my time alone with God often starts out in a similar fashion. I usually ask God to help me know and crave Him more. I LONG to grow closer to God, I crave to not be able to live a day without being right on His heels. I feel like lately God and I have been pretty close as far as me praising Him and acknowledging who He is.

Buuutt, as I was praying similarly this morning, I began thinking about what my reason is for living. 2 things came to mind, which sounds like a 'Sunday school' answer, but I truly believe it with all my heart.

1. Praise God... worship Him.... give HIM the honor that He deserves
2. Make that amazing God known to others... Let my unconditional love for Christ be seen by everyone... so they can't help but want to know Him too!

That made me start to think about how I spend a lot of time working on knowing God better and loving Him more, but how much do I spend showing that to others. How is my love and Christ-likeness seen through the eyes of those around me...

That is something I lack. Although I do try to show love and kindness to others, I'm not convinced that they see Christ as a result. There are a lot of morally upright people in this world that aren't following Christ. I want them to see Jesus through me and not just 'a good person.'

No comments:

Post a Comment