10.18.2011

Birthday Days

Growing up we have always thoroughly celebrated birthdays. It isn't just a day where at the end of it we have dinner and eat cake with family. It is a group of days where lots of cake is consumed and much hanging out occurs. It makes me happy. Drew and I have already decided that birthdays deserve to be super special times. We have already figured out a budget for birthdays for our family, and they are bigger than our Christmas budgets. Because birthdays are about that person, Christmas is about our Jesus!!

DAY 1:
Started last Thursday when Drew decided he just HAD to give me a present early. Gifts are his thing, and the fact he bought them ahead of time cause the secret to drive. him. crazy. I love him for it.

DAY 2:
My mom and I started a tradition many years ago where instead of buying presents for me, she took me shopping. She told me the budget and I was able to get whatever I wanted. It included a meal and just spending uninterrupted time with her. This year I had Thursday off, so we headed out and it was just as great as it always was.

That evening, as you already know, we have bible study on Thursday nights, and this week Drew took me to Chick Fil A where we met up with Christine and ate dinner. Then to a movie where the 3 of us met up with Lewis. After that we devoured a delicious cookie dough ice cream cake at Coldstone with Starr.YUM-O

DAY 3: 
My husband, the ever-eager gift giver, decided that midnight, right when it turned my birthday would be the perfect time to open my presents. So I did and it was wonderful. I kept the card that he hand-made for me until that morning. ;) It was worth the wait, he is a sweetie. (Yes, this sweetie also captured me in pain due to Peyton... I am afraid the look below is a fairly normal occurrence in this household.)

I took the kids to Chuck E Cheese, so while a big mouse did NOT sing to me, I thought it was pretty amusing I was spending my 24th birthday there. :)

The evening included some homework wrap up, as today is the last day of the 8 weeks.  Then we headed to Shakers to have dinner with my dad and Dreama. Delicious, relaxing, and nice. I was stuffed!

We ended the evening at Target, where we ran into two of our favorite people (The Maxwells) and ended up chatting with them a good while. I love them.

DAY 4: 
My grandma always cooks a meal every week, but makes a big deal out of it anytime it is a Farmer's birthday. We get to pick the menu and cake and all be together. I'm a fan. :) This Sunday lunch we had a great meal for mine and Audrey's birthdays, and then we had a baby shower for baby Peyton which was equally wonderful. ;) Lets just say a TON of sugar was consumed, along with snuggles and some great gifts that make me excited to have Peyton in my arms!

The End. I think. I would say that was a successful 24th birthday. Oh, and I found out tonight we have a week in between classes. So I have this week to relax and catch up with some random house stuff before I start my Genesis and Philosophy classes. oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment