4.26.2012

3 months

When looking at a website for what a 3 month old usually accomplish, Drew stumbled on the fact they leave newborn stage and enter infant stage. WHAT?!?!? That makes my heart leap a little...

Peyton has been so alert this month! While he has been wiggling his arms around from day 1, he has officially discovered his hands and loves staring at them! He has a great grip and holds our fingers or shirts, or recently my hair. OUCH. He also looked at the drawstring of his pants, and reached over to it and tried to grab it. What a big boy!

He love loves LOVES the ceiling fan!! That definitely holds his attention the most, although his swing and bouncy seat are getting up there! He will play on the floor mat for a short while, but is still getting the hang of batting those toys. 

He still sleeps great! Shortly after he turned two months he started waking up around 2 again, but now is back to his 9:30 - 7ish stretch. He eats at that time and usually goes back to sleep til around 9. Ahh, it's bliss. I know I know, I shouldn't get used to it, but I sure am enjoying it.

Question. Why does it seem like first kids sleep more than the second?? I hope that's not the case, but Peyton's so easy I'm starting to get worried. I mean, the first one is when you have the most energy and time. Oh well. Maybe I'll have all easy kids.. HA.


He also drools. A lot. and sweats. Pretty much since day one.


Peyton loves to stretch on the floor and kick his feet forever! He also loves sitting in our laps, because he is constantly looking at stuff. One night last week he woke up around 4 and Drew snapped/whispered to me to come in his room. He was SO close to rolling over. We enjoyed watching/cheering him on... with our quiet voices of course.

He is still eating great for me! I am so blessed to have had no issues with nursing!
 

I discovered at my mom's last week that he looked like he was watching the TV. NOT OKAY. I'm telling myself it was just all the colors. Please tell me the same. I am not raising a kid that loves TV. We will see how long that thought lasts!

Peyton still loves baths and will just squeal at us while drenching us!


Bedtime routine is sticking pretty much the same. Besides first thing in the morning when he is super smiley and playful, bedtime is my favorite.

No, it's not because I have time to myself. I guess I should say, before bedtime is my favorite. We give him a bath around 830ish. He splashes/plays as long as he wants. Then we do the whole lotion/jammies thing. It also usually includes saline drops and vapor rub - our poor boy definitely has some allergies like his momma. He always seems to be sniffling! He will play so more on his changing table while also staring/laughing at the ceiling fan. (Have I mentioned he's in love with that? Not picky about which ceiling fan, he is in love with them all) Then we turn off all the lights except the night-light and we feed him a bottle. That's usually Drew time to feed/snuggle with him. While Peyton eats we pray with him. He usually burps an amen once or twice. ;) Then he conks out and we put him to bed. I LOVE THAT TIME. - not only is it a good habit for the future, but it has been great quiet time with Drew as Peyton drifts asleep.


Peyton definitely knows Drew and I and it definitely boosts our ego that we can get a smile from him pretty much whenever he sees us.


He has at least 3 naps during the day, occasionally 1 or 2 more cat naps if we are out. He has a late morning one, early afternoon, and an evening one. Usually the evening one is the longest, which concerned us at first because we weren't sure he would sleep at bedtime, but so far so good!


Our boy has a 'stink eye' that makes us laugh. He will raise one eyebrow like he's not so sure about whatever we are doing to try to make him laugh. He also has been referred to as "Thumper" a couple times because when he is super happy he will kick his one leg over and over and over again!


Our sweet baby boy is growing so big and we just love him oh so much!!

3 comments:

  1. What a big boy! I've been keeping up with you online, but I think a visit is in order asap. I still have a present for Peyton...one he won't grow out of yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute!

    I worried that Lydia would be a horrible sleeper since Nolan was such a good sleeper. It turned out she was an even better sleeper than her brother. So, there is hope for you still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to mention, while I was reading this, Lydia came over and saw Peyton's picture and was saying, "aww a baby..." then she puckered up and kissed his picture. :)

    ReplyDelete