4.12.2012

the tears... they're a flowing

This is so cliche but my baby is growing up so fast! Seriously. My little man had such a great day yesterday, and as a result I found myself all teary-eyed on several occasions.

Why am I teary-eyed when things go great? Shouldn't I be crying when he is crying uncontrollably and I don't know what to do??

He was so content. He slept from 10 until 5, ate, and then slept til 9. He ate, was happy in the Beco carrier and then slept an hour and a half in it. Snuggled on my chest. Priceless.

I know I know. Why would I be weepy over a happy boy. It gets more pathetic.

He continued the day by playing on his changing table, all giggly and dancing. Moved to his crib, then sat on my lap a while. Ate some more, then played on his play mat. Then he was super smiley in the swing until he took another semi-decent nap.

 Some of you, at least my sister, are rolling your eyes now at my perfectly fine day. I'm not complaining, at least not in a 'woe is me' sort of way. Promise. 


After that there was some more kicking and giggling, lots of smiling, some eating. We took a car ride to the Batson, slept some more etc... Oh there was definitely some nasty smelling diapers in the mix, but even that resulted in nothing but smiling. after the grunting of course. Moving on.

I snuggled him while he took an evening nap, and we went to church where he was super happy through it.

OH. MY. WORD. Elizabeth held him in the row in front of us throughout business meeting. He was looking over her shoulder with this huge grin on his face when looking at either Drew or me. He knows us. And loves us. insert more tears. 

He endured many kisses and hugs and 'oh my word he's perfects' from people at church, and even tolerated our car ride to chick fil a. He got a bath with no complaints even though he had been awake and hadn't eaten in over 3 hours. He played while we lotioned him up and then guzzled a bottle while we prayed and admired our precious son.

I just love him. It amazed me that he only whimpered when he needed food or a snuggle, other than that there was no crying all day. He's growing up. Too fast. He smiles and kicks even when he wasn't being entertained. I LOVE this stage. But... I don't know how to explain it, he's just getting so big. So fast.

I promise you this. I may not get much else done in the day. I may not get straight A's in my classes because I study enough, or have a clean house. But I do stop and admire my Peyton. I find myself staring at him, kissing him too many times to count, and thank God numerous times throughout the day that I have him for one more day. I know God has blessed me with Peyton. I know that He could take him away from Drew and I at any second. Until He does, I am going to cherish every second, because they fly by.

and the tears, they aren't going to be stopping anytime soon. My heart may actually burst from how much I love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment