6.06.2012

7

I'm reading a book. Not just any book, but one that has already convicted me in multiple ways even though the introduction and day 1 are all that has been read. It's called 7- an experimental mutiny against access. It is by a woman who took 7 months and took charge of 7 things in her life that she needed less of so she could see more of Christ.

clothes
shopping
waste
food
possessions
media
stress

I'm reading the book to find out more of her experience, but Drew and I have already decided we will be doing some variation of this challenge. 

When a friend of mine, who you can read about here, decided to do the challenge I was greatly intrigued. We have tons of stuff & stress in our lives. What a great way to get a better perspective. Then I started reading the book. My mind began to wander about what would happen if I did in fact, only eat 7 foods for a month, or wear only 7 articles of clothing, or only spend money at 7 places for a whole month, etc... I began planning, which months I would want to do which so I don't interfere with birthdays or cookouts or when my favorite shows were on... Right then I knew I have the problem. I like my stuff. I like the security of money. I like media, and food, and well, being comfortable. Although there isn't anything wrong with those things, a good dose of less would be good for this family. So as I finish the book I will be letting you know how this Hunsley family practices less of this world and more of God. Go ahead, ask me about it in a few weeks when I surely have finished the book and am just stalling. I dare ya.

1 comment:

  1. I was just about to tell you I knew someone doing this exact thing- but then I looked at the blog and saw
    It was the same person you know. Small world.

    ReplyDelete