1.07.2013

Jesus Calling

I wanted to quote today's Jesus Calling, but the whole things was way too good and what I needed so I'm typing the whole thing out. Today has been a good day, but I am challenged that I need to praise God through good and bad days... when I'm surrounded by loved ones and when I am completely alone.

It is impossible to praise or thank me to much. As it is written, I inhabit the praises of My people. Sometimes your adoration is a spontaneous overflow of Joy, in the response to radiant beauty or rich blessings. At other times your praise is more disciplined and measured  - an act of your will. I dwell equally in both types of praise. Thankfulness, also, is a royal road to draw near Me. A thankful heart has plenty of room for Me. 
When you thank Me for the many pleasures I provide, you affirm that I am God from whom all blessings flow. When adversity strikes and you thank Me anyway, your trust in My sovereignty is a show piece in invisible realms. Fill up the spare moments of your life with praise and thanksgiving. This joyous discipline will help you live in the intimacy of My Presence.


Psalm 22:3 / Psalm 146:1-2 / Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment