1.30.2013

12 months

My dear one year old, where has the time gone? You are changing and growing faster than I can savor the moments! Wasn't it just yesterday you would sleep on my chest, hiccup constantly, and scream during bath time? You, my dear, used to be cross eyed, and suck on our finger instead of a paci. I still rub my lips on your forehead because newborn skin is wrinkly, soft and a tad hairy, and for some reason I love that. You don't quite smell the same these days, but it's still a nice feeling. :)


NOW you are a one year old who stands by himself quite often! You are still pretty clingy but are starting to play more with your toys alone. You aren't a big fan of walking while holding our fingers, but I just know one day when you are standing your going to take off. My goodness can you climb! Chairs, couches, baskets and the outside of your crib are not safe anymore. ;) You are great at backing off of things, except you trust that your feet will touch the ground when you back off of dressers or tables. Oh yes, the refrigerator and microwaves are the best!!


You STILL like falling asleep with your leg resting on something. We have started rocking you and singing/praying with you and then letting you fall asleep alone. You of course, are doing great with it, and I love that in the morning you have to hand me a present from your crib (stuffed animal or blanket) before you will reach for me to pick you up. Peyton I love that you still play with my hair when you're sleepy and that you hug me tight. I love that you give me kisses when I ask, and sometimes when I don't. ;)


I don't mind that you are definitely going through separation anxiety, it makes me feel loved. Although, sometimes mama needs a break, thanks for forgiving me when I drive to Chick Fil A for 5 minutes and leave you with Dada. Speaking of which you say mama and dada now and it makes our hearts VERY happy!


 


Peyton you are a smart little boy, who has already reached for a diaper a couple times when you have been wet. You have figured out spoons and forks which means meals are M.E.S.S.Y. You absolutely adore being outside, in fact your whole demeanor changes when you step outside. Hiro is still your best friend, and you get giddy when your daddy comes home!





You have always been a sweet boy, one who smiles all the time and has a wonderful belly laugh. Daddy and I are starting to see signs of your attitude coming through and to that I say - Please know that Jesus loves you either way, but wants you to be kind and obey mommy and daddy. Thank you in advance for keeping it in check. ;)



I can't wait to see what this next year holds for you sweet boy, but I sure hope it's a long one! 



No comments:

Post a Comment