3.13.2013

this and that and an announcement

So I realize I have left some wondering what our little family is up to since I have become horrible at blogging lately. My computer stays away while Peyton is up, and when he is asleep I am usually sleeping, cleaning, or spending time with my man. I'll try to do better. That's all I can promise.

We have been up to a lot lately. ;) We went to a Lakers vs Bobcats basketball game last month. Drew and I had great seats thanks to our tax return, and it was a wonderful evening getaway!

I left my baby overnight over two nights while we took our teens on a ski trip. It was hard but I was so grateful for my time with the teens! We had a great time even though sleeping with a bunch of middle school girls = way more giggles than sleep. I'm okay with that though. ;) It had been a while since Drew and I had been skiing (We have been together for 9 years and have never been skiing together, just to give you a clue) but we remembered pretty quickly. I had forgotten how wonderful it was flying down a hill with the wind on your face, white all around you, and how quiet it is! We went for a conference and I think everyone agreed that the speakers/band were wonderful!

Drew finished up the church basketball league, and while they didn't win very much, he had a great time playing and Peyton and I loved watching!!

Drew and I will both graduate from Liberty in May. He will have his masters in discipleship and I will finally have my bachelors in biblical studies. I think we are both ready to be finished!!

We miss Roanoke a lot but are settling in to life in Mount Airy pretty well. I can't wait til I know how to get everywhere and have memories to mark different places of town!

I guess the biggest news lately is......

WE'RE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY!!

I know it's hard to believe. Feels a little like I just did this, but we are so excited for this new addition, coming around October 11. So far my 1st trimester has been really similar to my one with Peyton, which = sleepy, dizzy, and nauseous. It could definitely be so much worse so I am grateful. My doctor does think I already have diabetes again so I said hello to my meter and low-carb diet and goodbye to my cookies and Doritos. May I just say that having diabetes while in the first trimester of sickness is not easy! My way of keeping nausea at bay is to snack... a lot. ;) I am thankful that God has helped me eat well for my baby since left to my own devices I stray, often.

God has been so good to us and we are thrilled to be able to be a part of his bigger picture!

1 comment: