1.05.2014

Our little family's Christmas

 We had a relaxing morning at home Christmas Morning. Drew and I were up late filling stockings/wrapping final presents, and setting up Peyton's new easel.


We decided to start the tradition of reading the Christmas Story in bed first thing Christmas Morning before the kids open presents. Sadie woke up rather early, and after about an hour we opened Peyton's door and woke him up. We have the Little People Nativity that I acted out with Peyton while Daddy read the story. 


I think he would have been completely content with just the items of his stocking. We don't do a whole lot for Christmas because we decided to spoil them on their birthday instead, but he sure did love all of the artsy things and bath toys!


We didn't wrap any of Sadie's presents... who has time for that when you are the ones opening them?  We did stuff her stocking, and she was awake long enough to see what was in it.


Any of you who know Drew well, knows that he doesn't rip the wrapping paper. He tears it at the tape, and sometimes, it takes. FOREVER. Well although I didn't get photographic evidence, he ripped into his presents... I may have put tape on ever inch of one of them... I'll never say.






I sure did enjoy watching my kiddos hang out together!


Peyton helped Daddy make french toast, eggs, and bacon for breakfast. YUM YUM.



NayNay came by to see our presents and hug our necks... I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact we were making yummy food. :)


I sure was a fan of this first Christmas as a family of four! 



No comments:

Post a Comment