2.16.2014

Snowstorm 2014

 We were downright giddy when we heard there was going to be snow this past week. I haven't caught myself at the window watching for snow to fall in years - until Wednesday. The first few flakes were wonderful... and then I started to be ungrateful when it turned into tiny flakes around 3 inches... Shame on me because by morning we had around 7 and ended up with around 10 on our back deck. Some people in Mount Airy said we got 15 inch... I don't really care about the exact measurements but I was grateful. I love snow days. I love the peaceful feeling, the quietness when you're playing outside. This year I had the added bonus of sharing the excitement with Peyton! Drew and I loved being able to take him outside to play while sweet Sadie snoozed.

Peyton was hesitant to sled, although by Saturday he loved it! He loved throwing the snow in the air, walking through it, shoveling with Dada, and once we started building a snowman his favorite thing was to destroy the balls that we were trying to create. I loved watching the joy on his face with every tiny new discovery!

We played outside a lot, drank a ton of hot chocolate ( he has to be the one to stir it and put the marshmallows in it... can I just say that a watched hot chocolate never cools - unless there are ice cubes involved. :) )

Drew and I also decided that 4 days with no agenda would be a great time to officially start potty training. He has been going at least once or twice a day (including pooping twice which is the hard part!) for months, but we have been so busy with a new baby and holidays that we haven't gotten serious about it. He is definitely ready to start so this weekend was the time! And so far he is doing great!


Sadie decided to pop some teeth through this past week. She has her two bottom ones and is still drooling hard, so I'm thinking another one isn't too far behind. Slow down already missy!




All in all we had a fabulous couple of days 'snowed in'!!



No comments:

Post a Comment