4.08.2010

Adventures in Springtime

Wow, has it been a crazy week! First off, as much as I LOVE spring (flowers, warm weather, flip flops, outdoors) I also HATE allergies. Mine have definitely come to me in full force this week. YUCK! They might slow me down (a lot) but they don't stop me from having a blast with my kiddos. Something God has blessed me with is an awesome friend, we'll call her Lo, who also takes care of kids every week. Since they were all on spring break, we have gotten together 3 days for many adventures. Today, we went to the transportation museum. The kids LOVED playing in the cars and 'choo choos' and also running wild on the play ground! Afterwards we had lunch at 'On The Rise Bakery'. If you have never been there you must... go now! :) Mason and Kylee's mom and dad own it so we went to visit them... We enjoyed yummy salads and Pizza but there are lots of desserts, breads, lunches to choose from! It is also a great atmosphere! Market Street, Downtown... be there!




Tuesday we went to Mill Mountain Zoo. Looked at the 'birdies' and other animals and rode the 'choo choo'.


Yesterday we went to Troutville Park. I loved that it was fenced in and so many different things to do there! Of course Mason enjoyed the sand the best which meant all in the hair and diaper. ;)

Easter Sunday was a blast. Church was worshipful, lunch with Mom's family was great. Jeremy, Katie and Audrey were in which was wonderful, then dinner with the Hunsleys and Sarah. We are so blessed to have such amazing and loving families!

Oh, and last Friday I spent time with some great girls... talking on the back porch, going to several different restaurants until finding one with a small wait, a trip to get a WONDERFUL cupcake at Bubblecake (you should go there too... it's delicious and so cutesy!) and then of course home to dye some Easter eggs...

Oh yes, I must explain this.. Drew decided that Hiro is 'the man your man could smell like'... you know, the one in the commercial that's 'on a horse'. Drew has that memorized... it's pretty funny the first time.




As you can tell it's been quite the week and I'm so thankful. Thankful my Jesus rose from the grave so that I could live with Him. Thankful that I have great friends who love to have fun and try new things. Thankful I have a friend who can keep me company while hanging out with amazing kids every day. Thankful that spring is here! It's going to be a great one!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment