8.18.2013

18 months?!?!

MAKE. IT. STOP. time I mean. It's going too fast and I cannot seem to catch up with it. My second child isn't even here yet and I have already slacked when it comes to some things I wanted to do for her like I did Peyton. Aye yi yi!

My baby boy is 18 months old. Has been for a couple weeks now but you know, the time, itsa flyin'! The joy that he brings to Drew and I is ridiculous and definitely difficult to describe. So here are my lousy words to try. But trust me, it won't do Peyton justice for what a wonderful addition he is to our family...


He officially fist bumps. He still is clingy when he is in public (well, pretty much anywhere) so at church he doesn't go reaching for the teens who adore him, but he is quick to 'pound it' or hide in my chest giggling while they pretend to 'get him'. He usually is fine when they take him away to play, he just doesn't care to initiate it.

He still isn't talking much, which we aren't worried about because 1. he will when he is ready, and 2. he communicates amazingly! He uses the signs for 'more' 'please' 'thank you' and 'all done'. He points and will nod yes or no when you ask him what he wants. He talks a lot in his throat. It's hard to explain but the syllables are there, and we can usually make out all sorts of words he wants to say, but he doesn't actually get them out of his throat to form the words. I'm not going to lie, hearing that all day, which sounds a tad like whining, makes me want to hear the actually words, but he is content at the moment. On a daily basis he only says 'mama' 'dada' and 'naynay' although cracker, dog, done, and night night are words that have graced his lips before.

He is great at blowing kisses, given huge hugs, and giving certain people slobbery kisses right on the mouth - kisses that I love, but not everyone would appreciate. ;) His newest thing is waving 'bye-bye' and blowing kisses frantically to Mickey when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse goes off. Peyton is definitely still a snuggle bug, he has to have his rocking time at nap time and bedtime. I still rock him to sleep at nap because I can and I love it! Drew and I both still do bedtime routine together, making sure we pray, read a book, and sing. He will go in his crib, but only once he thinks he has had an adequate amount of snuggle time. :)

On that note, he has gotten into squeezing our necks tight and rubbing our noses together. He definitely doesn't have a bubble when it comes to his time with mama or Dada! 

Oh, we ask him if he wants us to pray, at bedtime or meals, and he nods yes, and then when we say amen, he makes his sing song noise in his throat that mimics 'amen'. LOVE. IT.


He loves to slide, play with chalk, bubbles, WATER, and has enjoyed swimming this summer. I took him to a pool last week that had a baby pool. That was a first for him but he was able to swim with his floaty a little, I guess because had the comfort of being able to put his hands down and touch the bottom. He is GREAT at kicking his feet and I'm just such a proud mama!


He still would prefer tearing down towers than build them. I can see his imagination get bigger as he makes cars and planes make noise as he swings them around. He climbs on everything, and loves dancing to his veggie tales CD. He enjoys the park, and really going anywhere. Even Wal-mart is pleasant as long as he gets to get out of the buggy and explore. We take things slow around here, but I love that we don't have many reasons to rush anywhere. Slow is also better since the clumsiness of a toddler has definitely been more apparent in our sweet boy.


Our wonderful boy does love watching TV. We try to limit it but that doesn't stop him from handing us a remote often throughout the day. His favorites right now are Chuggington and Handy Manny, although Blues Clues is quickly climbing up the charts, and Sesame Street and Mickey Mouse are always choices of his as well.


He is hilarious when Drew comes home from work. He slides off the couch or hops up from the floor and runs to Drew yelling 'Dada, Dada, DAAADAAAA' over and over again. Occasionally if he is near me he first grabs my face and says Dada over and over as close to my face as possible. He wants to make it known that Dada has in fact, arrived home! ;) They love to 'play' xbox together. Peyton will hand drew a controller and they will lay on our bed pretending to play together. :) Also, whenever the two of them are together outside Peyton usually hands a bag of golf balls/ wiffle balls to Drew and then gets their golf clubs and play in the yard. Drew will hit them and Peyton chases
and brings them back. I sure do love watching the two of them together!


He went to the doctor this past week. He wasn't a huge fan of the nurse, but did great when Dr. Y checked him out. We like her. :) His wonderful head is still in the 97th percentile, height around 34 in and in the 94 percentile, and weighs almost 28 pounds putting him in the 83rd percentile for weight. He has all of his teeth except his last 4 molars. I think about 5 or 6 of them came in during the month of July alone which was slightly rough. We are so blessed to have this healthy growing boy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. He is so adorable. I know you enjoy enjoy him.

    ReplyDelete