8.20.2013

32 weeks

26 ish weeks

29 weeks



I definitely haven't been documenting my pregnancy as well this go round. Frankly, when I'm not chasing Peyton around I'm napping or spending time with my hubby. My mind is mush these days so to form coherent thoughts are more difficult. Since Drew is napping, and I finally got a decent amount of sleep last night I figured I would fill you in on our little Sadie.


I'm 32 weeks and WORN OUT. I've definitely reach the 'over it' feeling of pregnancy. My second trimester was great, but this third one can't go by fast enough. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE feeling my baby move all around my belly. I do end up lecturing her though, because she has actually made me nauseous from moving so much. There is nothing like that feeling of a hand (or foot) jabbing my side and seeing body parts roll across my belly. She moves more than Peyton, either that or her movements are just more defined, which hopefully means she's a petite thing and has tons of room in there. :) Time will tell. Her heart rate has stayed in the 140s, she's head down, and she's measuring right on target. YAY. :)

My diabetes didn't stay under control with diet, so I am on Metformin to help my sugars stay down. For the most part it's working well, although there are still a few highs... I'm so sick of scrambled eggs and salads I can tell you that! :) I'm going to be requesting Olive Garden, Firehouse subs, and Drew's fajitas as soon as Sadie's born!

My heartburn has returned over the past couple weeks.... while this is frustrating, I am hoping it means lots of hair like Peyton. I just have this sinking feeling that since Peyton has so much wonderful hair that I could put in a pony tail in the hospital had I chosen too, that Sadie will come out bald. ;) Oh well, headbands will still work even if clips won't. I've also been rather nauseous and had some sharp pains the past week or so. I've also had some Braxton-Hicks a lot more than with Peyton. Sounds about right for the third trimester don't you think?

Since I  am on medication, I started my Non-Stress Tests Monday. I had these with Peyton, but apparently there are new regulations so I have to go twice a week, every week, from now until Sadie is born. While this is definitely inconvenient (they are NOT cheap) I'm glad there are ways to make sure my baby is taken care of! These tests measure when her heart rate rises and how much she moves. They are supposed to only take about 20 minutes of me being hooked up to a machine - but with Peyton they sometimes took over an hour. He was either sleeping, or moved too much that we couldn't keep the monitor on the right spot. Hears to hoping Sadie is more cooperative - she was yesterday!

It's hard to believe we will be having a baby girl in less than 2 months! Drew and I were talking, and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact she doesn't have a room yet so we haven't started on the nursery. (We have a contract on a house, hoping to move mid-September but more on that later) So all of the baby stuff is packed away, and there aren't the baby showers like there were for Peyton. While that's fine, it makes my pregnancy aches and appointments the only reminder that our baby is coming!! AHHH!! I can say that my sweet Bethany made Sadie some adorable headbands and burp clothes which made me oh so excited for all things girly!

Drew and I are planning a baby moon before she gets here for early September, we're moving mid-September, after that, come on baby! We can't wait to meet you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment