8.31.2013

Visiting Roanoke

 A few weeks back Peyton and I headed to Roanoke to spend some much anticipated time with our friend since forever practicallysister, Bethany. She moved far away to allow God to do AMAZING things in her and her husband's lives, but as a results we have to soak up the time with her when we can!! I'm pretty proud of her and SO glad that we could catch up a little. She is headed far far away from us again, you know, to do those really cool God things, and I am just so proud of her... and love her a lot!


Anyway, we went to another long time friend's bridal shower where we ate yummy food and caught up with loved ones we hadn't seen in months - or some even years! The next day we were able to spend an afternoon with her and some of those same forever friends at the pool. What an amazingly relaxing afternoon chatting and soaking up the rays!! That evening we were able to here some of what God is doing in Bethany and Nick's ministry and can I just say... wow. ;) It's pretty cool!




We thought we weren't going to be able to see Tana (Bethany's mama) but she came in a few days late to the party and we met up at the mall. Can I just say that Tana hugs are a necessity in every person's life - especially mine and my son's! She's my second mom-for real. ;)


Since my mom, Katie, Audrey, Owen, Norah, Peyton, and I all came to town, we stay at my aunt and uncle's house and had a lot of good catch up time with them.  We chatted in our pjs and ate yummy breakfast! It was chaotic for sure but I sure did enjoy my time! Oh... I also got some really good Norah snuggles.


And she had some good Sadie snuggles... they are going to be best friends - I just know it. Just like Peyton and Owen will be best friends once they stop acting too much like brothers by annoying the snot of out each other. haha Katie and I just laugh for the most part.



Bethany made Sadie some cute girly things that I can't wait for her to use/wear. She also made Peyton a super hero cape. He wears it often, and Drew helps him fly around the house.



Yup, it was a good time had by all visiting Roanoke that weekend. We sure were happy to see Daddy when we got home though!

No comments:

Post a Comment