10.07.2013

Our New Home

 For those of you who haven't heard. We bought a house. We thought we wouldn't be able to until next year, but the opportunity presented itself, and we are saving money by buying instead of renting another year. Of course this is a hectic time for us, but now that we are in, we are very grateful to already be moved. We still have our house in Roanoke, but we have wonderful renters and it is such a relief knowing we don't have to worry about it while we wait on the market to come up before selling it!


It was an adjustment for Peyton but I think he is pretty settled now. He LOVES all the yard we have now, our rocking chairs on our front porch, and the dogs next door. :) The previous owners left their basketball goal as well and we can't wait to play with him!


Moving was hectic, but we had some great help and really appreciate their sweat and muscles! :) I even had mom and a friend clean my cabinets and fridge among other things. Peyton had a few friends over who were WONDERFUL at playing with him and keep him out from under our feet.

My grandparents came down two days later to help us do the dirty work of cleaning the old house. No one likes to clean the old house when they move but it had to be done. ;) My grandma was very motivated, and they were both a huge help with both houses!!


We just love our new home, and I can finally say, besides some nick knacks, our house is pretty much unpacked. Of course not everything is in its place, and it still definitely needs a good cleaning, but we are getting there. Perfect time since I'm due Friday, right?? :)

* I know some of you want to see pictures of the inside. Maybe in a few days I'll feel it's clean enough for that. I do have the motivation of not wanting to bring my baby home to a dirty house! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment