10.27.2013

Peyton at 21 months!

My baby is once again growing too fast! It is extremely evident that life is flying and we have a lot on our plate because my pictures of Peyton since my last update are severely lacking!!It's probably because my camera goes missing for days, and there are many days of 'surviving' which means more TV watching than I would like. The other days we are too busy enjoying ourselves to stop and capture it.

Peyton has done a great job playing with others and gets excited to see his friends. Our Chick Fil A has a mommy & me program. Every Wednesday from 9:30 - 11:30 you can come hang out. There is coloring, play doh, and other activities, along with the play place and a story time at 11. We've gone a couple time which is great for Peyton, and for me to be around other mommies. He enjoys the nursery on Sundays, although he still occasionally cries when I leave him - and he definitely runs for me when I return! :) The easiest way to get him to church is to say we're going to see Dada and he is ready to go bye-bye. We definitely miss getting ready for church and going together, but Drew has to be at early service as well as the 11 o'clock service.

He loves dragging stools or chairs around so he can reach things. He is still obsessed with coloring/drawing, although he moves the paper to random places... such as the stove/bedroom floor/couch and occasionally the bathroom. ;) I still haven't seen him color on things that aren't allowed... although he has tried to use his bathtub crayons on me.


He is very opinionated and would spend all day every day outside - as long as at least half of the time is spent playing in our car, and at least a fourth of the time is spent playing with chalk. He has a new swing set which he loves to swing and slide on. He also loves playing basketball or golf with Dada, and going to get the mail. He stomps his foot when he is frustrated and we have to remind him often to ask for things nicely. I can see how easy it would be for a child to get everything they want. It is way easier to give in than to listen to the whining!!


Our sweet boy is a huge helper. He loves to pretend to wash dishes and vacuum. Since we borrowed Nay Nay's small vacuum he can do it himself which is just precious! :) It makes it difficult to get our floors completely clean but we roll with it. He also is a mostly obedient child. He likes getting into my gum, but usually unwraps it to give to me. The other day we saw him chewing on something and he had gotten in my purse and tried the gum. He handed it to us when we asked him to and told him it was mama's gum - not Peyton's. A few hours later he comes running to me in the kitchen and starts picking out gum of his mouth and handing it to me. He was shaking his head and saying 'Mama' like to say, ' sorry mama that's yours not mine.' LOVE IT! :) We're praying now he is that honest when he's a teenager... long shot definitely, but I was pretty good about telling on myself so we shall see.


I hope he is always my snuggle bug, because he sure does still like hugs, kisses, and being rocked. He wants us to kiss his boo boos now which is precious, and rarely actually cries when he scraps a knee. He usually just glares and pats the hurt area over and over.


He eats wonderfully, and I am glad we are settled in our house so we are eating less french fries and more veggies. It was a little rough there for a week or two! He likes most foods, although he doesn't ever choose to eat his meat first. He loves veggies, bread, croutons, and chocolate the best I would say. Hey at least veggies are in there! :)


We can definitely see his mind work a lot more over the past few months. He is more creative, and getting great at puzzles and doing things himself. He loves feeding himself even if it makes a mess - of course he asks for a napkin when he gets too much on himself. He loves to play 'seek and find' in most books and will tell us what pretty much anything on the page is. So we know his vocabulary is growing, just not being spoken. HA.


He still only says a few things, but now they mean multiple things which is pretty easy for us to distinguish based on the pitch or context... he says:
'Mama' - mama, Elmo, milk
'Dada' - dada, Dadadddy, Granddad
'Baba' - big bird, buzz, blues clues, ball
'Byby'- bye bye,
Bi-bile - Bible
Nay Nay - NayNay, notebook, Norah
Hi - Hi, hat
Nan Na - banana

He is still signing 'thank you', 'please', 'more', 'all done' and Drew taught him to cross his hands across his chest for love you. We figured the actually sign for love you would be too confusing for him. We sure do love when he does it though!!

He knows the noises for Cow, Horse, Pig, Bird, Dog, Elephant,  and probably more I can't think of right now. He has a Melissa and Doug puzzle that makes noise and he gets so excited when he hears the sound because he got the puzzle piece in!


I'm pretty positive that Peyton thought my name was Sadie. He interchanges 'Mama' when I say Sadie. Half the time when we ask where Sadie is he points to my belly, the other half he just points to me. When we ask where Sadie's room is he goes to it, points and says 'mama'. Thankfully since Sadie has been here he has started to point to 'bay-bay' when I say Sadie.


Speaking of which, he is SMITTEN with his baby sister. He kisses and hugs and holds Sadie, and even helps burp her. If he wants my attention and I'm holding Sadie, he simply points to her and says Dada as if to say ' Dada hold her because I need mama'. I try to give him all my attention and snuggles when someone else is holding Sadie so he doesn't feel neglected - although he sure seems fine. While he isn't acting bad towards Sadie, he has started to get more of an attitude - which I'm sure is partially because of all the changes. He raises eyebrows, screams, stomps his foot, or hits when he doesn't get what he wants. Most of that is if he is tired or hungry, but he is almost two, so there is that...


Peyton loves music. He gets on the front row during youth group and looks at the words on the wall and sways and claps as the teenagers sing. I just love seeing him enjoying songs about Jesus - even though he can't comprehend them yet.

We are praying for our dear baby boy - in hopes he loves Jesus as much as we do - and that He understands how important it is to love Him and others. So far, he is a wonderfully, sweet, sensitive, caring, funny, and adorable boy who we love so much!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kari! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete