8.19.2010

Books are my favorite!

I know that God's word is alive and can be applied in every part of my life. Way too often I lose sight of that and as a result His still small voice becomes impossible for me to hear. My life, plans, selfishness, and worries make me deaf to what God wants so desperately to tell me. I desire to know more verses. I want them to come to mind in every aspect of my life!


I went to Virginia Beach this past weekend with my wonderful friend Starr and her momma. Details about that to come, but I spent most of the weekend reading and it was so refreshing.

Drew wanted me to read Ruthless Trust which is a really good book so far but I can only take it in very small doses. So far I am getting the hunch it is about how people talk about faith so much but forget that trust in God HAS to happen in order for us to have faith in Him. I need to fully trust His character and what He is able to do and as a result I can have faith that He will follow through!!

I also started to read Karen Kingsbury books. I have heard a lot about her but have never pick up one of her books... I LOVE THEM! It is so neat to read about people struggling with God and miracles that He brings them through. I read a lot of fiction, but most is just 'junk food.' Even though it isn't wrong or bad, it is still not uplifting either. Well, her books so far have been different. The characters argue with God in their head, and verses come to mind right when they need them. That is something I have definitely slacked on. Memorizing verses. :( It definitely needs to change.

So anyway, I love reading and have been so encouraged/challenged by some amazing authors lately that have made me crave time with the Author of creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment