8.05.2010

Date #7 - Massanutten

I know I just posted a date but I'm a little behind. Forgive me, I've been busy.

Today Drew and I took the teens from church up to the water park at Massanutten. I know, I know, we were with teenagers how could that possibly classify as a date?? You may be shocked to hear this, but teens don't usually hang out with their leaders at events. Sure they like us, but they disappear pretty quickly when let loose. :) So besides the occasional tubing with some kids and eating dinner with them, we pretty much had the day to ourselves. It was wonderful! Now, if you haven't been to Massanutten, it is definitely smaller than Emerald Pointe but in some ways better.

1. You saw the teens regularly so didn't have to worry about what they were up to.
2. There was a really cool water tree house thingy that you could basically spray whoever you wanted with water and they couldn't get mad at you (Drew enjoyed that part).
3. It is more inside than outside, so although we had two crazy storms throughout the day, we were still able to keep swimming!

Drew and I were able to relax in the lazy river for probably hours of our day total. :) We laid out in the sun, tried some goofy kid stuff, and enjoyed the bigger slides. I'd say that definitely qualifies as a wonderful date with my man. :) Now, an early bedtime is a must after all that relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment