2.17.2011

Hungry Haitians

Drew is planning a 30 hour famine for our teenagers February 25-26. We will be eating lunch and then meeting that evening for a lock-in for the teens.  Throughout this time, we will be watching videos, going in the community, and studying/playing games that make us more aware of the seriousness of hunger. Then Saturday evening we will eat a dinner to break the fast. Part of this program includes getting people to sponsor us. All that means is that if you or someone you know has thought about giving to the homeless, but you don't know how, you can give NOW! All of the money that people give to sponsor us, will go straight to feeding the hungry in Haiti for a year. I know I often think about giving to those in need but don't know where to send it. Here is a way to do that!If you are interested you can write a check out to World Vision and mail them to me. Please e-mail me at khunsley09@gmail.com if your interested. (I'm anti put-your-address-out-on-the-world-wide-web.) I see people all around the world get anxious to help others when a disaster strikes. What I don't see is the continuous support of those people after the media stops talking about them. There are many Haitians still in need, and YOU can help! If you can't give, Drew and I covet your prayers as our teens take part in this. 1) we are praying for a good turn out and 2) that everyone's eyes will be open and become a little less selfish as a result. I think we could all use a dose of that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment