2.20.2011

My God is the Same Miraculous God of the Bible

God has definitely stretched me this school semester but is bringing me closer to him as a result! I love how His mercies are new EVERY morning and we can rest secured in His loving arms!
I had to write a paper about 8 miracles in John and how they showed God's Deity through it. Whether it was the feeding of the 5000, Lazarus being raised from the dead, or healing a blind man, there are common threads that we sometimes miss when we read them separately.

1] My God has perfect timing. Sometimes He healed as soon as He spoke the words like with the Nobleman's son. (When that royal officer got home, he realized that his son was instantly healed when Jesus said he was.) Sometimes He healed once the person in need took a leap of faith (Jesus put mud on the man's eyes, but wanted him to wash in a pool in order to see.) He made his close friends wait days while thinking that their brother was dead before He came and rose him from the dead. God is powerful to heal in any situation, but He may choose to strengthen your faith and patience by waiting.



2] He chooses to answer prayers differently than the way we ask. That same blind man was born blind. 38 years he was blind, but God chose a specific day so that His glory could be seen to others!


3] Nothing can stop my God. Scary storms are no match for God's calming voice. Water cannot stay water if God wants it to be wine. Those things contradict what we know through science to be true, but it didn't stop God from letting our jaws drop in admiration!


4] We must have faith. He's got this. Worrying only shows my lack of knowledge that He is in control.


That same God is the One who answers my prayers. He heals us when we are sick, He chooses to wait to give me a answer to prayer even when I beg, because He has a perfect plan already mapped out for me. He desperately loves me and desires for me to see Him through every situation good and bad.

Question is: am I going to follow Him in faith? Or stay blind or without help because I don't trust Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment