12.11.2011

never a dull moment

I never updated about our crazy plumbing incident after the super high bill scare and the oh wait, God knows what he is doin' reminder.

We looked around with a couple different plumbers for prices and found someone that would do it for just a few hundred dollars more than what was in our savings... HUGE blessing! Obviously, that savings was for when I was home with Peyton not working, but we will see God answer that prayer later... Cause My God can. I'm not worried. :)

Basically, our main sewer line had a belly in it, so stuff was getting stuck and couldn't get out. So they have to replace the whole pipe in our front yard. So we waited on miss utility to mark up our front yard. Then it rained Tuesday and Wednesday. On Friday, our plumber came to replace the pipe. They dug up our yard (slightly overwhelming to see when I came home from work) and then realized there was a bigger problem. Apparently the pipe in the road that connects to ours in the yard are at the wrong heights. Whoever built our house did it WRONG and we have no idea how the sewer water hasn't been coming into our house. The pipe leaving our house apparently has to go uphill to fit in the one in the road... which is not correct.

ANYWAY, our plumber was saying it could be a good 10 grand to fix it due to the fact the road in front of our house has to be dug up. He called water authority and they came out and looked at it. They said they could have someone out here on Monday to fix the road's side of things... and then left. Drew looked at our plumber and said, "Does that mean free??" He said "I think so, you would be getting out your check book before they left if it wasn't."

Let's stress something for a minute. The plumber said he works with the water authority a lot, and they don't just do big things like that for free... That's God. No other reason for it. So hopefully our road will be dug up on Monday, and then Tuesday our pipe can be put in. It might be an extra hundred dollars or so just because of the extra time... but the 10 grand number... looks like that disappeared. My God loves me, that's all I'm saying. Although if we did have to pay that, I know my God still loves me, apparently He would have thought I just needed to learn some important lesson that I'm glad I don't have to learn! :)

All that to say, until then, my yard is dug up, and there is no water. So we packed up and moved in with my mom until probably Tuesday. Inconvenient. Yes. Worth it compared to alternatives. Absolutely.

Thanks mom for letting us and our puppy invade!


PS: I, along with most of you are probably wondering, "shesh, they always have water problems, and around the holidays too!" Well I am hesitantly reporting to you that I think we have covered most of the big water damage scenarios, so hopefully it will be the end. Or we might just sell before we see another!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. At least you finally got to the root of the issue of your plumbing woes despite all the hassle. And it's a good thing that 10K grand wasn't charged to you, as well, and you didn't have to pay that much for the botched plumbing.

    Perfection Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Ltd.

    ReplyDelete


  2. خدماتنا متميزة عن غيرنا في مجال التسريبات سربات المياه والعوزال وحل بطرق سليمة دون التدمير فعندنا في شركة ركن البيت افضل يوجد افضل الفنين الممتزين في مجال التسربات والكشف عنها بدون اي مشاكل من خلال الطاقم التي تم تدريبه في شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام فتعاملك معنا ستحصل علي خدمات متميزة

    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجدة
    شركة كشف تسربات بجدة
    شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
    شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض

    شركة كشف تسربات بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    كشف تسربات المياه

    ReplyDelete