2.20.2012

First Road Trip

 Mom and I headed down to Winston-Salem bright and early Saturday morning. It's so strange that while normally I would sleep until the last minute when heading on a road trip, now that I have a kid I was up over an hour early! I was also only 10 minutes late from meeting mom. Which is huge considering I'm still trying to figure out a routine for getting both myself and Peyton out the door! He slept the whole way there, only waking up when we were pulling into Katie's apartment parking lot!

Katie's birthday was last weekend so we celebrated Saturday by lunch at Chili's and then one two at least three pieces of chocolate pie, each. YUM-O.

 We spent the afternoon chatting/dozing while the kids took naps. Jeremy came home and snuggled Peyt and managed to give me a foot massage before making home-made pizza. I'm a tad spoiled. ;) We enjoyed a few more hours of playing and snuggling the little cousins before heading back home around 9. Peyton slept the whole way home, and being a new mom, I was very impressed I only looked back to make sure he was alive once! (Blankets tucked around him make me a tad nervous, especially when he is sleeping so soundly for hours!)





I'd say we had a very successful first road trip!

1 comment:

  1. I'd say I agree!

    p.s. I only had two pieces of pie. I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete