2.26.2012

A whole new world

One Month Old!


This baby is experiencing all sorts of new things. I can't believe he has been in this world for a whole month! Don't worry, I haven't blinked, but time still flies by!


Our baby boy is so full of yumminess! He is super smiley and never ceases to amaze us with all his crazy facial expressions!


He constantly moves his hands and already has really strong neck muscles. He is alert and loves looking around, even if that means he has to move his wobbly head around in the process.


We are trying to get him used to his pack in play. Right now that's in small doses as he of course loves sleeping on us way more. Drew has been great with night shifts!


He does sleep pretty well. He will usually wake up twice to eat between 9 pm and 830 am. About an hour to two hours in that stretch he wants to be up and play, but the rest he just eats and falls back to sleep. 


Peyton eats super well, although sometimes gets really hungry (because of the long stretches of sleep) which = gulping which = uncomfortable bubbles in his belly. We're working on that! ;)


We tried to avoid giving him the paci the first couple weeks so that he would have the hang of breast feeding. We gave him our pinkie to suck on instead, and although he has the hang of the paci, sometimes he just wants mommy or daddy's finger. It's cute, I don't mind. Although it doesn't really work with other people's fingers.


We are starting to see the hint of attachment issues. Well, it's not really an issue, it's pretty normal, but for a stretch of the evening he gets fussy and I'm the only one who can settle him down. Again, I don't mind, I'm actually kind of a fan of being needed like that.


He definitely looks a lot like Drew, but I've been told has some of my features as well. Definitely has Drew's hair and nose. Possibly my mouth and ears. His eyes are still up for debate because we know they can still change, but so far they are staying blue... which is definitely mommy. ;)


I was pretty sad the other day when I noticed how chubby his fingers were. He also had a super wrinkly forehead when he was born, but those are disappearing. Drew, the practical guy that he is, reminded me that's a good thing, that we want him to grow. All I could think was he's already leaving the newborn stage. AHHH!!! He barely wore newborn clothes, more for his length than his weight. Oh, and the first time we put that huge size 1 diaper on him? Yeah, I may have been close to shedding a tear! Growth is good, and sad.


Our dear child has screamed from day 1 when he is naked. He started out not being a fan of a diaper change either but thankfully he tolerates that now. Unfortunately, he hates when his clothes are off, and screams bloody murder when we give him a bath. Stinks for him, because he gets a bath pretty often (the gulping when hungry = milk running in his neck crack, just waiting to stink up the place)


Our baby folds his hands on my chest and props his chin on it to sleep. If he starts out sleeping on our chest, he often falls to our belly. I guess it's comforting to feel us breathing. I kiss his cheek and if he is hungry he will try to bite/kiss me back. He crosses his eyes a lot. We catch ourselves laughing often at his facial expressions! Oh, and we can't forget that he is ALL boy! Seriously, he sweats all the time, soaking his clothes and ours. But I sure do love that boy!


Happy One Month Birthday Baby Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment