3.16.2012

busy bee and barely 7 weeks old

We ventured out to church for the second week. There was a luncheon for our missions team so Peyton was passed on like a hot potato getting loved on by many, and even had a lip stick kiss on his face to show for it! It was rubbed off by even more kisses before I could get a picture.


Peyton's bedtime routine is already becoming very necessary for him. He is pretty fussy around 8-830, is completely relaxed, usually, during his bath, then fusses while getting dressed/lotioned until he konks out while eating/rocking. I'm a huge fan of this time with him, singing and praying with our little man is something I look forward to every evening now.


Drew and I had a talk about needing some hobbies. Or at least different things to spend our time doing. Exercising/walking the neighborhood was one, and another was working on a difficult puzzle. We are timing ourselves so I will let you know our progress... it could be a long while.

 
Peyton and Kaehlen have met before, but this week was the first time they were both awake and happy. They just stared at each other. As future bffs I think it went pretty great. Kaehlen did start whimpering anytime she heard Peyton cry, we have yet to decide whether she just doesn't want to see him upset, thinks its super strange, or just doesn't like the racket he makes. I choose to think she was just concerned for him. :)

We were hanging out with the Lomasneys Thursday night when we heard a loud thump against our house. Samshe and I, being the new moms, jumped and ran to check on our babies - you know, in case the infants who cant crawl, let alone stand and climb, fell out of their beds where they were sleeping. They were sound asleep, and nothing had fallen off of the walls. Brandon and Drew went outside in case there was someone sneaking around outside, and what do they find?? A turkey, that had flown straight into the back of our house. The neighbor behind us verified it. The turkey gave me the major heebie jeebies, let's just say, it's in a better place now. But talk about weird. The next morning this was all that remained.

That bedtime routine? Yeah, Peyton had a 7 hour stretch of sleep, and then another 3. We were happy campers even if we didn't get quite that much.


Mason and Kylee had the day off of school so they came to see me for several hours. The totally made my week! I think Kylee told me she loved me approximately 873 times, and Mason just knows that him and Peyton are now best friends. They were both GREAT with Peyton, giving him stuffed animals, playing on the ground with him, and being genuinely concerned when Peyton cried. Peyton did good with them by sleeping despite the screaming, and smiling for a good 45 minutes so they could play with him.

Oh yeah, my kid turned 7 weeks on Thursday. While his favorite position is sitting up on our thigh, this was the first time he could sit on his own in his bumbo. I'm sorry but he is too young to be doing that in my oppinion, but he loved it!

Look cousin Owen, look what I can do! And what Mason and Kylee, at 4 and 2 1/2 can do! :)

We just love our sweet baby!

Your seeing correctly, that's a 0-3 month onesie that is on the small side. He has already busted out of several of his sleepers. Again I say, he's only 7 weeks!!!! Where's my baby going?? Wherever it is, it's too fast!

2 comments: