7.23.2012

He had no tears for His own griefs...


Scotty- our pastor - started a series in Romans which is all about Salvation and the freedom of that gift God gave. Trevor - our worship pastor - does an amazing job of matching the songs we sing with the following message. Two really stuck out in my mind from last Sunday that I wanted to share. I told Drew that Scotty didn't even need to preach that week, I was convicted enough just singing the songs!! Here is the first one, you all probably know it. Read it slowly.
 
I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene
And I wonder how He could love me,
A sinner condemned, unclean.

Chorus:

How marvelous, how wonderful
And my song shall ever be.
How marvelous, how wonderful
Is my Savior's love for me.

For me it was in the garden He prayed,

"Not my will, but thine"
He had no tears for His own griefs,
But sweat drops of blood for mine.


Chorus


He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calv'ry,

And suffered and died alone.


Chorus


When with the ransomed in glory

His face I at last shall see,
'Twill be my joy thro' the ages,
To sing of His love for me.

Ransomed – the ones that had the price paid for them… 

Jesus paid that price. He was so selfless that didn’t cry for the situation that He was in, but rather sweat drops of blood for my sin. I was who he thought of up on that cross, not Himself. He was alone, and suffered miserably. He took my selfishness. My lust. My greed. My thanklessness. My worry. My stress. My lack of Joy. He took all of that upon Himself and made it his identity. I now am able to rejoice that Christ did that selfless act - and spend eternity praising and thanking Him for it.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment