7.31.2012

It's a mindset

We've reaching the end. I know. I haven't talked much about 7 this month, but it's the end of month 1. The goal was to get rid of  217 items. We got rid of approximately 245. I feel like I'm not done though. It hasn't hurt yet. Yeah I got rid of several shirts I've loved forever. We got rid of furniture, clothes, decor, movies, picture frames, shoes, purses, etc... Our house is still full though. We still have everything we need, and lots that we want. God has shown me how abundantly blessed Drew, Peyton and I truly are. I think this purging mindset is going to stick for a while. I am just praying that I choose to live with less instead of buying more things to replace the things I gave away.

We did sell some things on Craiglist. We had a yard sale. We gave piles of clothes to our clothes closet at church. The money that we made has been thought through and will hopefully be used wisely according to what God would have us use it. Yay for accomplishing month 1! But again I say, I'm not done. I will continue to strive to live with less.

No comments:

Post a Comment