7.28.2012

We stand forgiven at the cross

This is the other song I was talking about being challenging to me. So glad to get a good reminder of His amazing, sacrificial love for us! Again, I challenge you to read the words slowly. Look them up on YouTube and listen to the song. God can use songwriters in wonderful ways!

And oh to see the dawn of the darkest day Christ on the road to Calvary Tried by sinful men, torn and beaten Then nailed to a cross of wood

This the power of the cross Christ became sin for us Took the blame, bore the wrath We stand forgiven at the cross

And oh to see the pain written on Your face Bearing the awesome weight of sin And every bitter thought, every evil deed Crowning Your bloodstained brow

This the power of the cross Christ became sin for us Took the blame, bore the wrath We stand forgiven at the cross

And oh to see my name written in the wounds For through Your suffering I am free And death is crushed to death and life is mine to live Won through Your selfless love

This the power of the cross Son of God slain for us What a life, what a cost We stand forgiven at the cross
 

What humility God has to live a perfect life, and then be tried AND CONVICTED of a crime by sinful men! God took the blame, He knows the failings of each one of us and took all of those - big and small- and put them on himself to pay. We are guilty - but Christ took that guilt. He was self-less, and I live as a result. 
I am ashamed to say I do not live every day as though I was saved at such a high cost! I should be daily humbling myself and admitting I am nothing without Him, and often I fail to do that. I pray that these songs are a powerful reminder of Who Christ is and that I stop taking that for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment