10.28.2012

leaping into a new adventure

It is official. We are moving to North Carolina. Soon. As in, we will be living in North Carolina by Thanksgiving. 

It has been whirlwind of a couple months, but it has been amazing to see our Jesus walking beside us saying "walk through that door" "I know you are comfortable where you are at, which is why it's time to leap into a new circumstance and trust me" and "I will give you ____ and ____ and ____ as confirmation that this decision is of Me. "

Loss is hard.

We will miss all of our family that is here. All of the places that we call home. The places where we dated, places we shared with our baby. The people we've known for a few days, and the ones we have known our whole lives.
We will miss the church we have called home for 4 years. It is the first 'job' that Drew has had and we can honestly call the people there our family. They love us. They love our baby. We have been blessed to have lived life with them these years. They have also reacted wonderfully to this new move. They know we are following God's leading for the next part of our lives and they say they will pray for us - I believe them. We will be praying for them as well.
We will miss friends, and being able to call them up at any time and go to their house.

But in her blog, Ann says it wonderfully,"Nothing is a given — everything’s a gift.
Who am I to complain in losses when what I lost wasn’t mine to begin with?"

I know we aren't really loosing those things. Not really. In reality we will still visit, and share with Peyton all the places that we love here. It's only 2 hours away from here...

We are gaining and that is good.

We are gaining more friends. Ones that will challenge us spiritually and ones we can laugh and grow with. We are gaining new experiences through a new church with new people and new challenges. Ones that I pray will bring us closer to our Jesus so we can be more like Him.

We are also gaining miles closer to my sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew. For that I am ever so thankful to God! :) 

Drew, Peyton and I want to live to bring God glory. We want our lives to be about seeking Him and loving Him. If moving away from all we know into a new adventure - will bring Him glory - who are we to argue with Him.

It will be tough but I am thrilled to be able to walk behind my Jesus and KNOW that He will lead me in the best possible path for our lives.

So with that said... yay for boxes and selling/or renting our house and messy houses and finding new housing and doctors and all the emotional roller coasters that changes include...

enter sarcasm here. :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said, Sweetie. And oh how I love that quote! I'm praying...

    ReplyDelete