6.25.2011

His ways are higher

You know what I have been learning these past few months? The fact that God knows what we are going through even when we have no idea. I am so comforted by the fact His ways are higher than mine, He thoughts greater than mine. We will never understand fully how great our God truly is, neither will we fully see His reasoning for things.

God is in control of ever intricate detail of our lives. He knows why things happen even when at the time they break our hearts, or worry us...

My friend Mandy and I were talking about her husband wanting to go to the Police Academy. I have several family members/close friends that are going/have gone into the military. The thought of them being in those lines of work can be really scary IF we don't understand the concept of our lives aren't our own. We could die at any moment, only Christ knows when. It isn't our job to 'protect' our loved ones from dangerous jobs because they are more 'risky'. We are in Christ's hands, and NOTHING can harm us if He doesn't want it to. Likewise, nothing can STOP something from happening if He DOES want it to.

The reason I am thinking this way today, is because yesterday a friend of my went through a devastating day. She was pregnant with twins, Ian and Owen, and was 20 weeks along. Yesterday morning her water broke, and as a result she had to deliver the babies. They both went to heaven shortly afterward, and my heart was broken for that family. PLEASE keep the parents in your prayers, because  I cannot imagine the heartache that they, and their two older boys, are going through right now.

That news was heartbreaking for anyone who heard about it, and I had to catch myself so I didn't start worrying about my own little baby. My sister informed me that once your a parent, (even if you haven't met your baby yet ;)) that  the thought of something happening to your child becomes your worst nightmare. I am rejoicing today that I, and the parents above, have a God that we can trust fully with our families. Christ calls us to deny everything in order to follow Him, and I truly believe that includes having open hands with our most prized possessions. Of course we hope He allows us to keep those people in our lives, but we HAVE to be willing to let Him take them for a much greater good. "ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE." ALL THINGS.

That is want I'm choosing to cling to, and I'm praising God today that He has allowed me to know Him in a way that does comfort in hard times.
but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14

3 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely and encouraging post. I love you, Sweetie, and I'm praying for you this weekend, and for Doodle, and certainly for your friend and her family. See you when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great perspective and truth, Kari. Thank you for sharing. :) And congratulations again on the baby! How wonderful. You are going to be a fantastic mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that family must've been so devastated. I'm so glad that they have you for a friend. :) And your sister is right, that does become your #1 fear, and the worrying, from the first minute you find out you are pregnant, never stops. :) I sure am glad we serve a mighty God who loves our babies more than we do. ;)

    ReplyDelete