7.02.2011

Ode to the First Trimester

The past several weeks I have pretty much worked and then parked on the couch for the remainder of the evenings. Nothing exciting in this household so far this summer! I have made it to church the majority of the time, and have attended some of our bible studies. I consider that an accomplishment.

Right now "resting" is my favorite and most used word. The nausea comes and goes, but the dizziness seems to be here for the long haul. Oh, the whole whole heat issue, yuck. I am a huge fan of air conditioner these days. Drew used to freeze me out of our house, now I can't get him to make it cold enough!

There is definitely the beginning of a 'baby bump' in my belly, although I'm back and forth about how that makes me feel. While I LOVE the thought of the 'baby bump' I feel like right now it is more from the constant eating my nurse recommended. No complaints here though, because the eating every two hours idea has drastically helped my sickness. Im serious, when I am a stickler with that plan I feel so much better. This week has been a lot better than the past several weeks. YAY! :)

That being sad, I'm glad my baby is making me sick, because that assures me he or she is growing and my body is doing what it needs to do. I do have little chats with my baby when I am sick. Mostly things like "I love you and am (insert getting sick here) glad you are healthy" etc... That may sound strange but I'm tellin' ya, it helps to know being sick is helping the little one!


Drew has been absolutely wonderful! He cooks, cleans, and is very aware of what I need. He has even made a few trips to Hardee's for biscuits or Pizza Hut for dinner. :) I can tell he is getting more and more excited every day.

Our name list at the moment, is still pretty long, although we're pretty set on a boy name.

While Drew and I are together a lot, I am putting the actually 'dates' on hold. We did venture out to dinner and Sam's one night when I was feeling optimistic. That has been the extent of our summer dates.

I'm taking the hardest classes I have left this fall before our baby comes. That way, I will pretty much just have electives to finish. Although I had originally thought I would graduate this coming Spring, it looks like that's not very likely. I would have had to overload myself every semester before the baby, and now I'm pretty sure I wont be taking classes at least the first 8 weeks of spring semester. I'm okay with that though, because we're having a baby. :)

5 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post as it makes me very happy :) So sad that you are nauseous but so happy you all are pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay for us having a baby!! I must say, this is one of my favorite posts of yours so far :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the baby bump- and said with love, am happy you are a bit nauseous...getting excited already to meet baby hunsley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the eating every two hours has helped a bit! And I can't wait to see your cute baby bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The words "first trimester" makes me grimace. Just sayin... my experience is that it only gets better from that point! ;) Praying for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete