7.09.2011

Cars Cars Cars

Drew has spent the last couple months looking at cars on different websites. Mainly Craigs list. We found my Escape on there and it's wonderful! He sold his Volvo and bought a Lancer. The Lancer was not all it was cracked up to be and super baseline so Drew wasn't happy with it. I wasn't either frankly, but I wasn't the one driving it. So he asked if he could sell it if he made sure to break even or make a profit. (We had to by new plates, get an inspection, and have the AC looked at so I didn't want that money to be lost.) He ended up selling it for $1000 more than we paid for it. I think over $600 more than we paid/put into it in the short month we had it. I'd say that was a successful sale. :) That was over a week ago.

He was already looking at new cars, but of course didn't want to follow any leads until he knew he could sell the Lancer. So we borrowed his mom's van who is in the Dominican Republic for a few weeks (thanks Phyllis, although I'm not sure you know we borrowed it. ;)) and started searching for a new one. Yesterday Drew drove to PA to get his new (to him) Mazda 6. It's nice. :) and smells good. :) and ended up being $2000 under blue book. I'm a fan of my man's deal finding. He got home around 11:30 last night, but was confident it was definitely worth the trip.

This morning, while he was backing my car out of the driveway, it broke. We think. He shifted it into reverse and  it went into park, but was moving in neutral. Weird. So we sent it off on a tow truck to be looked at on Monday.

I'm saying all of this because...
You know what? God's pretty cool.
We would have been stuck with one car if it had happened anytime in the past week and a half. It didn't, it happened the morning after God blessed us with a great deal on a second car. This just means we are borrowing the van a few more days. :) 

Thanks God, for taking care of the little things. and for giving me a considerate husband who is going to let me drive his new car on Monday while he drives the van with no A.C.  Now we are just praying for a quick, cheap fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment