7.16.2011

Feeling good = date with my man [44]

I got off of work on Thursday and actually felt pretty good. I quickly called Drew and said, "I don't know what you were thinking for tonight, but we should go out because I'm not exhausted!" So we headed off to the mall/Target for some Christmas shopping. 

Yes, you heard me right. My immediate family started the tradition of celebrating Christmas in July last summer. It is mainly a reason to have all of us together for a weekend, free of distractions. Mom decorates the living room, complete with a Christmas Tree. We cook Christmas food, listen to the music and watch the movies. :) Christmas Eve is the Friday closest to July 25th, and then we enjoy Christmas Day complete with watching the kids swim in the pool. Slightly odd but I LOVE it! Obviously we don't go extravagant with the presents, but we do draw names for a little something. :)

Anyway, while Katie pointed out that shopping on Christmas Eve wouldn't be that difficult to do in the summer, I try to avoid that for my stress level. :) Drew and I enjoyed the time out, and even went to dinner at Olive Garden before it was time for me to lay down. I was pretty proud of myself for lasting as long as I did. Although I think we were in bed by 9:30. Details. 



Oh yeah, my car ended up being a cable that broke in the gear shift. Super quick fix that was a lot cheaper than we were thinking. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment