7.31.2011

The Good and the Bad

Oh the adventures we have! :) I love that life is rarely boring. The Farmer family (my grandparents, dad, Dreama, aunts, uncles, and cousins) rented a house at the Outer Banks this past week. Drew and I couldn't take the whole week off, so we packed up on Tuesday afternoon and headed out with Katie, Audrey, and Owen. We were packed tight but I loved it! Audrey sang to us, and refused to use the potty even when she asked. Pictured below is a the first bathroom we stopped at, and although we wouldn't have made her use it she would have non of it anyway. Katie went to get her out of the car and said "Need to go potty" and she looked out the window and said loudly "NO TANK TU NO TANK TU, BEACH." You probably had to have been there but it was hysterical. She did end up going in some grass. Strange and yet entertaining child. I think the last hour or so she kept saying 'water' over and over while Drew would reply 'beach.' She was a tad excited to be headed to the beach. An eleven o'clock swim definitely ensued when we arrived at the beach house. Not before some yummy sonic ice cream!

 
We spent Wednesday at the beach both in the late morning, and then again that evening. Bocce ball, sandcastles, kite flying, skim boarding, all took place, with some napping, yummy food and 'Bee Movie' (a new favorite of Audrey's) in between.

Thursday most of us stayed by the pool, alternating the relaxing and baby chasing. Some of us went to a super greasy and yet yummy pizza place for dinner while the others hit up a seafood buffet. (I personally am not a fan of anything fishy!) Then we headed up to the beach for family pictures. I was quite pleased with the pictures, since Drew and I rarely do 'photo shoots' and I wanted some of just us before baby came. Drew and I went on a date after that, and then came back for a nighttime game of volleyball in the pool. 

Those were all good things. Then the bad happened, at least for me around 3 AM Friday morning. The Summer Stomach Bug of 2011. (We seem to have a lot of those come up don't we?? Thanksgiving was NOT that long ago!! Anyway, I thought it was pregnancy related until I realized early that morning that my dad, Johnny (uncle) and Macy (cousin) also had it. Everyone packed up in a hurry and as soon as their family was able to travel we booked it back home. With 20 people in the house, it was sure to spread, and sure enough it did. Thankfully they made it home first. I was SO sad that I couldn't say bye to Audrey and Owen, we had been together for a whole week! It's hard being far away from them! It was also disappointing that we only had 2 days at the beach, but I am grateful that Drew stayed healthy and that we did have two great days of sun and fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. cute pictures! and cute swimsuit. you need to let me know where you got that. :)

    ReplyDelete