9.07.2011

Does it HAVE to be one or the other??

them, "Do you want a girl or a boy?"
me, "I'm okay with either"
them, "But if you HAD to pick...?"

That's just it. I don't have to pick whether I want a boy or a girl to be living inside of me. The decision has already been made. Way back in May our God decided that the best possible thing for Drew and I would be to put us on this journey called pregnancy. This baby is His and I am just the vessel He is blessing with by allowing me to be mom, no matter how long or short that may be.

As you can probably tell, God and I had a chat this morning. I've been asked too many times to count, what I would prefer my baby to be. I kept my answers vague because I don't want to be the least bit disappointed if my expectations are different than reality. I'm having a baby. I get to be a mom, which is all I really want to be in life anyway. I know that is a huge calling, and I know that I will only receive what God thinks is best for my life!

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
"My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven... Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them."
Psalm 139:13-16

Therefore, what I want doesn't really matter. My baby has either been a he, or a she, since May. God knows exactly what Drew and I need in order to make our family after His will. I'm just grateful I'm apart of it! I almost feel like I am doing my baby a disservice by choosing a preference, after all, while I'm deciding on whether I want a girl or a boy, I already have one or the other in my belly.

When asked the beginning question, I have been saying, "Girl, because they are more fun to dress up." That's my reasoning, but in reality, whether I put pigtails in my baby girl's hair or allow my baby boy to run around barefoot with overalls and no shirt, I will be thanking God that I have the privilege to be a mommy. Drew and I have been praying since we got married that we would one day have kids and that they would grow up to love the Lord. That's all the preference I have!

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him. Therefore I have lent him to the Lord. As long as he lives, he is lent to the Lord."
1Samuel 1:27,28

Baby Hunsley is God's. He or she is made so that God's glory can be revealed. So whether I have this baby for a day or 100 years, I thank Him for this journey.

That being said, tomorrow is the BIG REVEAL and Drew and I are ecstatic to be able to 1] see our baby again since we haven't since week 8 and 2] be able to know our baby better by having a name and start planning for his or her arrival! 


4 comments:

  1. :) This made me smile. A LOT!!! Happy for you, and I love your baby whether it is a boy or a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! Everytime we get pregnant people always ask if we are hoping for a boy this time around and the truth is, I really don't care! I'd be thrilled with either! God knows just what is perfect for our family! (No, we are not pregnant right now but I just had to tell you that I love your perspective :) Anyways, thanks for explaining it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I saw your MIL at co-op today, but forgot to ask if you knew yet. And stay away from Uncle Nathan for a few days (ask her).

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to hear what baby hunsley is!!!

    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete