9.27.2011

Thoughts about the Second Trimester

I. ACHE. 

That's how I feel about the second trimester. I supposed I should slow my life down a little. Okay I know I need to. But that's way easier said than done. I will say that never again will I take pictures for a sports game after the first trimester. I was at the Botetourt Sports Complex Saturday and Sunday to take pictures of 7 college softball teams. It was fun but oh the aches and pains I've experienced since.

Snapping pictures = not that exhausting. Bending down a lot and sitting on concrete = long term effects.

I know I know, it's only going to get worse. I don't want to think about that. All I know is between all the stretching my stomach is doing  and all the throbbing my back is doing I'm pretty out of it. 

I've had heartburn pretty consistently for a couple months now. I'm beginning to see patterns of it being worse when I eat/drink certain things so hopefully I can control that to an extent. 

Sleepiness is definitely a norm now. I figured that part. I'm also fully aware I may never sleep enough again. I sure am trying to these next couple months though! 

Peyton is definitely moving around for me, although no one else can feel him yet. Drew gets pretty frustrating which I think is adorable. ;) Let's just say Drew is already an amazing dad and cares about Peyton and me so much! 

Suggestions on exercise/stretches I can do would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure that would help my back, and I'm definitely getting antsy without my class! Unfortunately, twisting and arching my back really hurts my stomach. And that whole walking thing? Well it makes my stomach so tight I can barely breathe... does that mean I'm out of shape and need to be doing more? 

I'm starting to feel the what I'm assuming is totally normal feeling of chubby. I know it's normal and I know it will go away, slowly, but it's an emotion that is beginning to be apart of my life. Again my husband is great in that regard. When people call me big or other not-so-nice-things he says "you look great, but either way, that's your job right now! Too gain weight and take care of our baby." So that's what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment