9.05.2011

Laboring on Labor Day Weekend...

 Oh my what a weekend it has been! I have actually been looking forward to this weekend for a while now, because a lot of good things came with it. :) Here's my weekend at-a-glance:

- My sister and I decided that my mom's room needed a makeover. BAD. She has most of the house looking like she wants it, but all the odds and ends get shoved into what should be here haven... I believe bedrooms should be relaxing, inviting and cozy... does this look anything like that??


 - Not so much. So Katie and I chose to combine her birthday and Christmas gifts this year to make her a spectacular bedroom! Thanks to lots of planning, Pinterest (if you don't know what that is, you should. So ask me!), many trips to different stores, my wonderful husband, a certain adorable little girl barging in numerous times, and many breaks to snuggle with a certain adorable little boy and eat lots of birthday cake we managed to turn her room into what she hopefully refers to as a place of peace. phew that was a long sentence... moving on.











-Katie and I were pretty proud of how it turned out, and based on her speechless reaction, I believe my mom was as well. If not, well the theme of this project was what mom wants on her tombstone one day... "We tried hard."

- So all of those things took place all day Friday and Saturday, with a break in between to celebrate my wonderful Samshe's baby shower. Which by the way was a lot of fun. I sure am anxious to meet sweet little Kaehlen... She is going to be my baby's BFF by the way. 

- Speaking of which I am SUPER ecstatic for my Thursday appointment to see what my little baby is... Drew and I are both sick of calling it, well an it! It is a baby and deserves a gender specific pronoun and a name to go along with it!!

- Saturday night, after the unveiling of mom's gift, we went to my grandma's where we had an indoor cookout with family.... including Tennessee family that I never feel like I get to see enough! Mainly because I don't! That was fabulous.

- Sundays are always crazy for us in one way or another. Drew and I being in school prohibit us from relaxing much. We went to church, celebrated Dreama's 50th birthday, came home and worked on school for a couple hours, went back to church for youth group, and then had dinner with many dear friends. Sunday = long, but success.

- Today Drew cleaned pools and then went off to play disc golf... yes, in the rain. I had breakfast, took my time being lazy/getting ready for the day, did 5 loads of laundry, and headed to Lowes to pick out paint. This time for our bathroom. You see, we painted it last year, but it was a bright yellow that we were far less than thrilled with. So I told Drew I wanted it changed, along with many other to-dos before baby came. So I purchased paint, returned some things from Marshall's and headed home to attack the hideous yellow. Drew came home and helped me shortly after. :) *
      *Side Note- both times I've painted this weekend I have been in well ventilated areas. I do not believe that any baby was harmed in the projects of Labor Day weekend.

- We went to dinner with his parents and brother, and are now home to hit the books. Well, Drew is, while I blog... which is way more important. :)

- The best part is that I'm off tomorrow as well. Bring on more laziness, schoolwork, painting, and being productive.

I'm a fan of labor day weekend. A BIG fan.

1 comment:

  1. You guys did great! I love the way that your mom's room turned out. And I dont even know what Pinterest is. And I can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or a girl on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete