9.23.2011

we. are. family.

Last weekend I drove down to Winston-Salem to spend the weekend with my sis. We don't do a whole lot just us and I'm actually quite fond of her. Anywho, she has the shopping cheap for little kiddos down to a science, has way better stores than Roanoke, and has my niece and nephew - all great reasons for a road trip!
I took the 2 hour drive to jam to my favorite road trip jams. 'Wicked', and country music (this trip it was Sugarland and Lady A (because Lady A is coming to Roanoke in December... time to start memorizing every word so I can thoroughly enjoy the concert!)
Friday night Audrey, Katie, and I headed to the mall. We ate in the food court where I almost had a serious confrontation with the Sbarro guy. I'm sorry, but you can't stand in the food court with a bunch of balloons and refused to give them to the cute little girl who happens to think balloons are God's best creation. Who cares if we buy food from you or not, you should either give everyone one, or stay behind the counter. Audrey was relatively patient considering, and we ended up buying something for Jeremy just so the guy would give us a stinkin' balloon. I was this close to pulling a chair in the middle of the Sbarro line and grabbing one off the ceiling. MY NIECE would not let a balloon go unlike those children who chose to eat Pizza that night. I'm just saying.
After many snuggles with both Audrey and my sweet Owen, I chatted with my sister for a while and then hit the bed couch.
Saturday after a lazy morning of playing, we got serious. We had our Krispy Kreme donuts (VERY SERIOUS) and hit Once Upon A Child where we stocked up on adorable baby boy attire. Our bellies were then worn out and hungry from all the decision making so we went to  Mayberry's where we did actually eat cheeseburgers and hot dogs, despite the lack of pictures. Then we indulged in pure deliciousness. Katie and I split an Oreo sundae (oh man, I need another one just thinking about it!) and Audrey got her blue ice cream. ( Monster crunch maybe? I'm not quite sure, she just had to have blue.)
Oh my goodness I just love bonding with that sweet little girl. She's hilarious. and snuggly. and sweet. and persistent. and outgoing. and shy. and I could just eat her up.

We ended the trip by going to Carter's and then headed home. Oh. My. Word. I love family time so much!

Even though Owo and Jeremy avoiding all things shopping, I just loved kissing those cheeks and chasing him up the slide. Just in case you guys didn't know, I'm going to have one of those cuties in a few short months. YAY. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment