5.04.2013

16 weeks

I had my 16 week appointment on Thursday. The baby's heartbeat is wonderful at 143 BPM. He/she is super low right now which is the first real difference I have seen between my pregnancy this go round and with Peyton. Everything else has been about the same. The heartburn is here already, along with soreness. I can't quite feel baby 2 but I think it'll be soon. I'm pretty tired, but way less dizzy and nauseous which is wonderful.


I did have the glucose test at this appointment and I do in fact have gestational diabetes again. Honestly it is probably a good thing. Well, as far as accountability for eating healthier and keeping the weight gain to a minimum. ;) I was a little frustrated when I found out, but mainly because I just want the doctors to make up their mind and stick with it. I can handle the diet and pricking my finger - although it's annoying and I do get emotional and frustrated at times - but I can't handle the 'eat what you want' no 'you've got diabetes' back and forth.

Anyway, we will find out what this little one is on May 28! We are very curious and excited and are narrowing our names down. :) People are asking what I think it is and honestly I don't know. Like I said, my two pregnancies have been pretty similar so initial thought is boy. I would LOVE a girl at some point, but can't say I would mind not having to buy a bunch of stuff, so boy would be great as well! Yes it would be cool to have another boy since they are close in age, but I think brothers and sisters can be best friends also. Bottom line, we want to know, but only so we can personalize this baby and stop calling him/her 'baby2.'

No comments:

Post a Comment