5.30.2013

Drew's Birthday Week

Drew had what we call, a birthday week! His birthday was on a Tuesday, and he was supposed to have a meeting that evening ( of course it got canceled). So we dropped Peyton off at Nay Nay's house and went to a matinee. We saw "Mud" which was great except for one of the young boys in it who loved to cuss. WHY do they have to do that? Anywho, we ate way too much popcorn which thankfully didn't bring my sugar up.

Since we didn't have to rush home for his meeting, he wanted to stop by a shooting range. That's right - we are now a gun owning family. Apparently it's a must in Mount Airy. ;) I got him one for his 'graduation-birthday-father's day- and anything else I can think of' present. Shooting scared me too death at first but I got used to it and didn't do too horribly. 

 That night we ate out, and then ate the yummy cake I made him. We are a house divided in the debate over vanilla/chocolate. So we compromise. :) DE-LICIOUS.


I made him a favorite dinner that Thursday night. I would have done it on his birthday but you remember, we thought he had a meeting. Anyway, he loves a steak sandwich out of Pioneer Woman's Cookbook so that's what we did. We spent that evening playing with Peyton's new water table. :)

Saturday morning we went to North Surry's graduation to see a couple teenagers graduate. After that some Roanoke friends came to our house to hang out for the day. It was a wonderful day of bbq, Putt Putt, Battle of the Sexes, Ice Cream at Opie's Candy Store, Chili's and some downtime while the kids played.






Monday we celebrated Drew's and Jeremy's birthday with my mom and sister. That's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment