5.19.2013

I'm a mama and we celebrated

 This was my second Mother's Day and it did not disappoint. :) I am so blessed to have a sweet one-year-old and a 18 week baby growing inside of me. I am not going to pretend that motherhood is easy and wonderful - but it is exactly where I want to be. I cannot imagine being anywhere else and life, (and when I do imagine those long ago dates of plenty and mornings sleeping in) I quickly realize it is not worth not having my babies in my life. 
We went to Sunday School and church where I 'won' a Chick Fil A gift card for tying Jade as the youngest mother. That gift card is already half gone by the way. ;) After I was finished singing in the choir I slipped into the nursery to get my baby. Our church is very kid oriented, and most parents keep their young ones with them through most of service. Peyton is way too active and loud for us to do that, but I decided today was my day and I wanted to snuggle my baby... especially since graduation the day before was full of the crazy that did NOT include good snuggles with him. I LOVED snuggling with him during the sermon and he was almost completely cooperative. :)

We all took afternoon naps which was MUCH needed and WONDERFUL and then got ready for the Naff clan and Mom to come over for dinner. 

I am super blessed to have a mom who has always been there for me (even when I didn't think I wanted her to be there ;)). She is a constant and loves Jesus even more than she loves Katie and me. Since that is the case, we thought she deserved a nice dinner. They all trekked up to Mount Airy and we grilled steaks and had macaroni, green beans, and red lobster rolls. An hour later we consumed angel food cake, cool whip, strawberries, and melted chocolate. MMM.... It was a wonderful evening that included the boys doing dishes, kids playing outside, and lots of chatting. I was a fan. :) 
Yay for being a mama. This day was a day well spent.





PS- We saw Drew's mama the day before and we are also super grateful for her as well. I am so blessed that she loves Jesus and raised such a godly man for me to do life with. She did a superb job on him! :)


1 comment:

  1. You, my babygirl are so much sweeter than you have to be...I'd like you anway :)

    It was a wonderful day! Mother's Day is all the more fabulous when sharing it with my sweet daughters-who-are-also-mamas!

    ReplyDelete