3.16.2010

Christ Alone

If You wake me each morning with the sound of Your loving voice, I'll go to sleep each night trusting in You. Point out the road I must travel; I'm all ears, all eyes before You.
Teach me how to live to please You, because You're my God. Lead me by Your blessed Spirit into cleared and level pastureland.
Psalm 143:8 & 10 (The Message)

I was so encouraged when I read this verse today. First of all, Drew and I were talking last night about how much I long to wake up early to spend time with God. We can try to schedule it into our day but that becomes a routine, a routine that can get interrupted by visitors (Drew) or kids (me). There's something about acknowledging first thing in the morning that this day is God's and I am here to worship Him throughout it! When I wake up hearing God's voice, I can spend the whole day in His presence and then lie down at night knowing and feeling that He is there for me!

These verses also challenged me that my life is designed to please Christ alone. He will lead ME exactly where he wants me; and that place is NOT the same as other people in my life. Christ has an amazing and specific plan for me. I just need daily stay at His heels and walk in step with Him. This world will fall away but Christ will never leave me!

No comments:

Post a Comment