3.06.2010

"Contentment is essentially a matter of accepting from God's hand what He sends because we know that He is good and therefore it is good."

That pretty much sums up my life right now. Being content exactly where God wants me. I have always been someone who thought I needed lots of friends. I made sure I was always on the go, making plans with different people, longing to be the one that people confided in, and never wanting to be alone. The past year or so I've realized that isn't realistic. Whenever I was let down by someone I would be devastated because I was so invested. I was letting my emotions determine who I was. I was either very happy if I socialized a lot, or sad when earthly things disappointed me.

"Be still and know that I am God"


So this year God has been whispering my name, showing me that I can only hear Him when I slow down and focus on Him. My life doesn't have to be extravagant. I don't have to constantly be on the go or always be around people in order to be happy in life. My joy should come from being on the heels of Jesus. It should be from filling my calendar with moments with Him. God has been showing me that simply being where God wants me to be is enough. Simply Hearing His voice and staying on His heels is enough, simply taking one step into a deeper, more meaningful relationship with my Savior is enough. THAT's what I want my focus and energy to be towards.

2 comments:

  1. Well said.. and I love the photo. One of the things that I admire the most about you is your willingness to quietly rest in God. It's an awesome thing to see. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put...I love you Kari Beth :)

    ReplyDelete