3.22.2010

Christ's Passion

I went to Shenandoah Baptist Church's Passion Play Saturday night with our teens from church. I have been in it for years and have seen it probably just as much. Yet this year it challenged me more than probably all other years combined. Once I stopped quoting and singing every word in my head, I really started to dwell on what happened that last week of Christ's life.

Jesus' teachings
1000's of people were there, some curious, some soaking it all in, some questioning, some furious. Most responding in some way to what He was saying. I think I would have been quiet and staring at Jesus; amazed at the fact THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE is HERE, close to me!! teaching ME. I would hope I would be soaking it up... We have a close relationship with Christ to where I can sit at His feet anytime I want to. Have I become desensitized by Him?? Do I truly care and LONG for what I KNOW to be true about Him??

The song 'One Life at a Time'
As I was listening, I was again staring at 'Jesus'. Jesus touches the eyes of this person, He holds the dead boy. He looks at the untouched. Yes, He also fed thousands, but He cares for individuals. He truly touched one life, and then another. Jesus cares for me as Kari, not me as just another christian. THAT amazes me!!

Jesus praying at Gethsemane
He seemed so human. He wanted to save us a different way, but He knew God's will was best even though it was difficult. What was He praying that night? He knew what was going to happen 15 minutes from then. Yes, He showed the perfect example by going to His knees instead of freaking out. He knew God was the best and only way to turn.

Judas seeking His friend Jesus out and betrays Him
This time I found myself staring at Judas as he walked toward Jesus. His nervousness over the crowds of people. He was probably thinking of all the times he had with Jesus. We don't know why Judas did it other that it seemed like selfish greed. We do know that Jesus accepted it, and STILL LOVED JUDAS. He still died on that cross for him!

Jesus beaten
He took it. He watched the scorners, He saw the people that He is dying to save spitting and furious and calling Him names. He took it all in, and still went through with it. What was He thinking? His heart was broken I'm sure of it. How could it not have? He was betrayed. People that loved and following Him for years, betrayed Him. I HATE that we treat Him like that often. :(

Jesus in heaven
HE conquered the grave. My God is a living God. Jesus went through so much torture, so that sinful me could live with Him forever. Crazy.

I know there was more I was thinking about. Those were the highlights. Jesus is so good!! :) Thanks to all the people who were in the play. You truly to make a difference!

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome summary. I LOVE the song One Life at a Time, that stuck out to me in a new way this year too. I think it's the way He cares about each individual person.. AND the patience that shows!!! He literally changes the whole world one life at a time. So amazing, and so much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. And that you used "desensitized" in a sentence. And apparently spelled it correctly. I'm not quite sure of that one myself so we'll go with yes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thoughts karbear. I seriously had to hold back the tears when "Jesus" was healing...I think it hits the most close to home because he healed us from sin...and saved us from death. Watching the boy come back to life just made my heart stop because he was dead and Jesus gave him life, what an awesome reminder. : )

    ReplyDelete