1.16.2011

The City of Brotherly Love


Oh the adventures. Growing up, my mom always called terrible experiences 'adventures' so Katie and I would think that we were doing something exciting. It didn't usually work but we went with it. Sometimes things turned out okay, but they ALWAYS ended up making 'memories', which is another favorite Farmer Girl word. I can tell you right now that this trip was a whole lot of memory making. :) My post would be super long if I did our whole trip in one, so look for updates about our 'date week' as this week continues.

Love was shown to us while walking towards to Philadelphia Museum of Art. He honked his horn and exclaimed, "You guys are so cute! Have a good day!" Gee thanks mister!

We walked up the steps and took pictures of Drew acting like Rocky. We also visited the Liberty Bell and some other historic places.

Finding a decent Philly steak was harder than it looked. Philly is not the safest area so we didn't want to stop just anywhere. Finally we found Larry's Steaks : Philadelphia House of the Belly Fillers which was delicious.

We talked to a couple of homeless guys, and one really scared me. All I saw was a blanket... or so I thought. And then it moved. God led me to give a box of Cherrios to one lady that had a sign saying 'Very Hungry'. Even though that was supposed to be our breakfast on the way to New York, Drew made the comment, "I don't think I have ever truly been able to say that, or ever will." So if you are ever thinking about feeding someone, just put some boxes of cereal in your trunk. It is way easier than running through a drive-thru and risking the person not being there when you get back. I have heard of that happening several times lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment