1.09.2011

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (sp?)

No, this post does not have to do with Mary Poppins, although she is definitely a favorite. You do have to admit that song is totally random, and so are the things I am about to say. I didn't bother spell checking it, because I think I was pretty stinkin' close and that's good enough for me.

Just so you're aware, one should probably look closely at any box before they cook what's inside. While making yummy treats this season, I KNEW I had a brownie mix. Soooo, I mix it up and stick it in the oven. Once the 'brownies' were in the oven I see that it was a cake mix not brownie mix. Oops. My bad.

A Christmas gift of dinner and a chick flick with Starr makes me smile, big time. :) 

Although, I realized while watching said movie, that I have been seriously behind on the girlie movie watching since being married. What is it about guys bending over backwards to do what girls want when they are dating (example: watching movies they would never watch or going out on nice dates when they would rather play video games) and yet once they get married it never happens way less frequently. I think we both compromise to stay on more middle ground, but seriously! I have missed out on so many sappy movies! Guess I'm just going to have to ditch my husband more to go do girlie things with my friends! Hee hee, I'm mostly kidding... although he does ditch me for disc golf often.

Meeting the parents/siblings of friends of ours turned out to be a fabulous afternoon! I love seeing how God is working in other people's lives! The Pughs were such a blessing to us Sunday! It was also fun to have kids I just met color me pictures and give me hugs. I was even invited to a tea party, but since I left my AGD (American Girl Doll) Kirsten, at home, Drew and I headed home before the real fun started.

I was able to host my dear friend Lauren's birthday party. We had several couple over here for some Stromboli and yummy ice cream cake. I'm very thankful for her, and have loved seeing her passion for Christ grow and challenge over the few years I've known her!

We have still not taken our Christmas tree down. Some may call us slackers, others may call us too busy... I think we fall somewhere in the middle.
I went to Target 3 times last week. On 3 different days. I was running errands for the mom I work for, and once I got home after the 3rd day, even though I had asked Drew if he needed anything, that is the time he told me he did. Is it bad I told him 'sorry about your luck, go yourself'. Maybe but he understood so thankfully his new undershirts and I don't remember what else, can wait.

Rummy is a fun game. Even when it's just two players. Drew and I played forever last night, mainly because once I realized I was behind I wanted to play until I caught up... I never did. I know, that's sad, but so was what I saw this morning. At the top of the score sheet it looked like this.
Woman Loser                                                                                                                        Man Winner
 Yes, I call Drew 'Man' not Drew so we title our score cards differently than you might at home, but the point was, my dear husband called me a loser. I was, but still. It hurt. sigh. 

Seeing Mason and Kylee THRILLED over the fact snow was falling made. my. day. It always puts a smile on my face (as long as it doesn't mess up fun plans)! It's the little things people, the little things.

We are going to see Narnia in 3D tonight with the Silers, Daniel and Liz. I'm a little hesitant about this because I have never seen a 3D movie before and I am slightly nervous it will make me dizzy. Here's to trying new things though! (I may also indulge in very expensive cookie dough bites, but I can't quite say at this time)


School starts back soon. YUCK. But I am taking all bible related classes. YAY.

I had mixed emotions leaving work Friday. As you may already know, I am pretty dag gone attached to the two cuties I take care of 5 days a week. They are growing so much and I LOVE seeing the things they learn every day! Well, I had to say goodbye for a WHOLE WEEK. That folks, is sad. BUT the reason, is very happy. 
DREW AND I ARE GOING TO NEW YORK MONDAY FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY!! Oh my goodness I am so excited! We are headed to Philly, NYC, and Baltimore for a week of much needed relaxation. I'm not going to lie, there is something fun about heading on a vacation once everyone else is getting home from theirs. Drew has never been to NYC and I only went once on an evangelism trip with WOLBI, so we are both so excited! This is definitely a time needed for refreshment and bonding. He's my best friend, what can I say, I enjoy road-trippin' with him! 





2 comments:

  1. It hurts my heart justalittlebit that Drew called my baby a loser. Goober.

    I'll be praying for you guys while you are gone. High on my list of hopes & dreams for your week?? NO RAIN! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen, I think you are pretty neat, mostly because you don't smell like feet, but more than that...you love me for me! Thanks for my bday dinner and for being my friend. I'm glad you enjoyed your first 3D movie, and a side of cookie dough bites! I hope you and Drew have a blast on your trip, and I'll be praying for you! Love yah babe.

    ReplyDelete