1.19.2011

What vacation really is about...according to Drew

Thursday
sleep. relaxing. snuggling. warm bed. lunch at home. Heroes
Ahh.... laziness is wonderful when you are on vacation. Even if you're in NYC. We both decided our feet/ my hip needed a break. At first it felt wrong not rushing to the city but I quickly decided we make the decisions, no one is telling us how we should spend out time, so Drew and I did the above until early afternoon and then headed into the City when we could check into our hotel. We wanted to spend one night in the city; so although we would have canceled if we could once we realized how great our friend's set up was, we were so glad we did! We were on the 25th floor of Millennium Broadway and could see Times Square from our CORNER ROOM. It was so pretty. I slept with the blinds open so I could see the lights. :) 

Once we got our room we got dressed up and headed to dinner. I wanted to go somewhere unique to New York, but every time we looked at the menus outside of the restaurants we decided to eat where we knew would be cheaper and safer.... so we thought. Turns out, Applebees is more expensive in NYC. Not just tax wise, but the prices are just higher. DUMB. Oh well, it was yummy and we enjoyed each other's company. (I always wait for us to get tired of hanging out on vacations, but it doesn't happen. We get more sick of each other at home when we can easily spread out than when we have no choice but to hang out. ;) ) 

Then we headed to WICKED!!! It was AHHH-MAZING! :) I LOVE musicals and this one was soo good. Even Drew, who is not a fan of them, 'had to admit it was well done. The sets were so good and I can't deny they have talent'. He said he wouldn't choose it but wouldn't complain if I want to see another one. That's huge coming from mister sports nut. Anyway, I loved the play, and the only way it could have been better is if we were closer. I'm very personable so I like seeing the actors faces and reading about their accomplishments. I know, I'm weird. 

Anyone ever wondered what Grand Central looks like after 11pm? Yeah we did too. So we headed over after the show since we weren't tired. There were still lots of people out, so we felt pretty safe. It's gorgeous and definitely worth the walk. It was cold but actually felt wonderfully refreshing. 

I fell asleep to sounds of sirens and billboards flashing in my window. :)


DREW:
Favorite - relaxing all morning
Least - realizing how much we paid for something we can get at home for close to half the price

Kari:
Favorite - umm... wicked. new music to sing to. Do I really need to explain??
Least - going to Applebees over the restaurant we stopped at first with singing waiters :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your faces. and your pictures. and I'm super glad that you got to go to broadway!!! And that you're still silly and fun together :) Bottom line is I love ya :) So glad you had a fun trip, thanks for sharing pictures!!

    ReplyDelete